Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bike ride through Grand Rapids

Over the weekend I took a bike ride to East Grand Rapids. After you get over the Grand River on Kent Trails, you start to see some inetersting things.

I passed a radio station on the way.
















Stainless.
















An old abandoned building. The foliage on the brick wall is a sharp contrast to the scourge of urban sprawl. At least something is using the building.





















If I were a homeless fellow, I might check this out. Although, if I were an machete wielding psycho who wore the skin of his victims, I might also check this out. I didn't spend too much time here.





















There is no way to get down from this escape...some escape.





















Closer to downtown, on Division.
















I had to lie on my back for this one. Someone honked at me, so I waved to show them I was OK.





















Heartside.
















Artside.





















Downtown at Rosa Parks Circle, there was a 24-hour AIDS Awareness thing going on.
















Someone had put up some big paintings.
















Later on, there was going to be a candlelight vigil.





















Down the street, at the wigs store. Something on this one belonged to Raquel Welch.





















I made a stop at Little Bohemia and found a new friend. Fingerpuppet Che says "Unite, mi hermanos de los rapids grande."
















It's good to know, just in case. Unfortunately, the door is all boarded up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home